05 February 2008

If you're feeling sinister go and see a minister

ayahuasca cerimonies on the rise.

Eden lends me Terence McKenna's "Food of the Gods", wherein I first hear of Ayahuasca. I'd run into refences in the Don Juan stuff by Castaneda, but dismiss everything by Castaneda as bullshit. Later, there's PJ O'Rourke's story about doing ayahuasca while up a tree in the jungles of Peru, and after that I run into Burroughs' stuff and the Download song. During my wasted youth, I decided that I would not do psychedelics -- speaking to Mils last night after the photoshoot I tell her how sure I was that I'd just lose my fucking mind -- literally wrap it up in a little brown paper bag and leave it somewhere and just NOT KNOW where -- and yeah.

Finally got Cubase LE working and all the pedals I craigslisted work dandy indeed. Need to pick up a mic so I can record some vocals. So far there's:
untouchable darkness
my favorite architect
that i would find you
curio shop
spanish castles made of sand

that last one is a problem. for one, i didn't write the lyrics and I don't want to contact her for permission, so I'm probably gonig to have to rewrite lyrics. and I gotta throw the title away.

No comments: