14 July 2007

into ether

So The Blackroom broke up and no more band for me. BUT last night I did in fact play with Bunny & Nestor (who is dating the Good Witch, odd bit of synchronicity) and some chick who I promptly forgot her name; apparently she's primarily a DJ but last night it was 3 laptops and one guitar -- me. Bunny did live video loops, Nestor dropped live ambient and the chick dropped a few loops too. Things to remember: the Dm shape on the mid strings, bending. the walking bassline with the stutter strut. the dub line. the high diads+low drop. I wasn't real happy with the clean guitar sound, wish I hadn't given Eden those pedals before he left (or at least gotten them back...) oh well, what goes around comes around.

Last night was just a birthday party for Nicole (another DJ), but end of month we're doing it again to celebrate the film they got into the festival thing that won something or other. You're invited. Yes, you.

No comments: