11 October 2005

Music to fuck to, part one.

I had probably heard about them through brainwashed. So I hopped on whatever p2p app I was using at the time and downloaded some Acid Mothers Temple. I was blown away by "La Novia" -- a solid fucking hour of the greatest psychedelic acid washed guitar I'd heard that wasn't made in the fucking sixties. Two weeks later, I was married and I was getting it on to a dozen hairy Japanese psychonauts blurring guitars with psychedelics and droning "la novia" over and over before the acid guitar starts building and explodes into everythingness. Not a bad soundtrack. Really.


Yeah, we're just regular old Japanese hippies that like to melt your brain with psychedelic rock and hang out with skulls. Alas poor Yorrick and all that. Posted by Picasa

I don't remember much about that day after that. Listening to the song now, I can go "wow, those drums near the end are just pure fucking bombs!" and I can certainly appreciate the beautiful acoustic guitar interlude near the end, but how the music makes me feel is something I can't really put into words. I guess that's why they made music instead of writing a stupid blog entry. In any case, here's Acid Mothers Temple and The Melting Paraiso U.F.O., from

archive.org's Acid Mothers Temple live recordings (warning: far too much stuff to listen to, especially if you're easily addicted to psychedelic guitar)

No comments: