30 October 2005

international dark skies

Testing out blogger's post-by-mail feature courtesy of the ongoing blackout and my blackberry from work. Excuse spelling (assuminganyone's reading this blog--there's my ego, stroke it,yes).

Work itself has been hectic but fulfilling. The good thing about the lack of electricity is you see more starts and you feel people more --a lot of politeness at intersections w/o lights, a lot of "hey you need water man?" And personal interaction.

In some ways reminds me of being 19 and hitting the net in my dad's house, alone and learning to be comfortable in my own skin. Weather has been cool, mid to low 60s (hit 54 last monday!). People running generators to watch TV, which I just don't get man. Like, fucking do
something man....watching TV sucks your brains out. Fucking call your friends and play cards, or go fuck, or watch the night skies. As FPL gets their shit together, the light pollution is growing and it's kind of annoying me. I like finding orion.

FEMA gave us ice and snacks. Tax dollars at work, folks. You pay taxes so I can have cold pudding a week after a hurricane. Good thing we have family, canned goods and a gas stove, those fuckers took a week to get here. I can totally sympathize with folks looting food in NOLA. TVs and shoes, not so much.

The 'cane didn't bring much rain, just lots of wind. Busted some of my windows, but I'm still celebrating haloween (pictures of the horns and halo later, mayhap.)

At least we didn't lose phone lines like during katrina (but the cell coverage has been shit).

No comments: