16 May 2007

mon petit vulcan

So. I have a band now. Or maybe this band has a bassist now? I don't know how "in" I am, but I liked them and they appeared to like me, and the drummer called back same day saying 'ok, yr in'. I emailed them via cragislist and they hit me back with their myspace and I hit them back with old music of mine own and we agree to meet. So I learned their songs from their myspace (admittedly I learned one of them wrong because I was in the wrong tuning, but whatever, transposition is not hard) and that coupled with my odd tastes ("Seriously, who plays Bjork on the bass?" -- hell son, I'm the playa that tabbed that bitch out -- and that was in what, 98? -- for ye olde OLGA archives at nevada.edu) got me in. I would roughly describe them as Black Heart Procession with heavy Joy Division leanings. They all seem amicable, good guys. There was another guy jamming with them that weekend, first time playing guitar in a band but supposedly knows keys and drums, and I do dig multi-instrumentalists. Maybe I'll get to do a full-band version of "Your Faithful Serpent" ? That would be nice.



Had sushi with H (whose sunburn I peeled), then V (whose picture I took), then M (whose fiance I just met) last week. I'm about sushi'd out. Last two days at the Med school coming up, and then Law. I'm a bit nervous. Kinda sucks in that we just tripled the network size (from 10K to 30K!) AND I was just starting to learn the Checkpoint (in addition to the Netscreens and Cisco). Checkpoint's a goddamned PITA, but the amount of granular control is fucking godlike. At least I'm not leaving Vij or Frank in the lurch. Wish I'd been able to go to the crashcourse for the CCNA or CISSP, but them's the breaks. I'll see if law ponies up the beaucoup bux for 'em.



No comments: