30 December 2008

20 miles out of town and cold irons bound

fixed up the house w/ my brother -- sealed off afucked up wall and made a closet work again; gotta wait on the painting. put up a house # sign, did a few bits and pieces on the inside of the house. now that i've gotten into the rhythm of it, I think I'll keep going. it is fun. he particularly loved the starfruit tree, they don't have it in AL so it's a particular treat. he leaves tomorrow -- i never did get to cook some indian for him, but i packed him off with a buncha CDs and some spice packets for making indian at home as well as some books I had laying around that I wasn't ever gonna crack open again. we hit up the holocaust memorial and took pictures of the statues.

i wrote a new song, "thrush to go". needs music, maybe later.

it really struck me, truly and well. i can barely stand to think about it. pobrecita ella y pobrecito yo. obladi.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Home maintenance can be so satisfying and rewarding. Especially fixing something that's been broken for so long and which you now get use from.

And Starfruit trees are simply too awesome to be kept to yourself.