13 June 2007

low end theory

so, bass. yeah. haven't played in a rock band in so long, it feels really nice. they are indeed a good group. we are a good group. very individual each of us, likeable and worth knowing. the songs have some very specific parts but are in general kind of open -- just basic "these are the chords, this is the melody...321GO". Show on friday which I was going to have to miss due to Orlando, but now maybe I can play on Friday...things are still up in the air vis-a-vis that. i find myself thinking of my conversation with johann hz about the bass and the deepness of it. i love that one really low note with it's overtones, just fills out a room, harmonically. My A-string was weak on the open note, I don't know if that was the pickups on the P-bass fucking up (they are 20 years old...) or the amp's EQ cutting that A440 out.

Found out who the CD is dedicated to; friend of Davis' who went into a coma and died. Reminded me of Injun Joe; Eden told me after Joe got into his coma from getting hit by the semi on his motorcycle that his girlfriend at the time tried to talk to him and stuff -- he was in a coma for like 2 years -- and he would cry when she put headphones on him and played him his fave song by Dead Can Dance. Such a good kid. Death at random is just...I don't know, kind of insulting. I mean, it really drives home the point that you're just another animal alive at the whim of chance and on the sufferance of circumstance.

No comments: